I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back at SU: Already Looking To Next Semester

After a short Thanksgiving break, I am back at Susquehanna.  Though I returned Sunday evening, and today is Tuesday, I still don't feel as if my focus has completely recovered, though it better come back soon since I'm approaching my first college finals (Should I be more worried about this than I am?) and have to throw together a PowerPoint and oral presentation tonight on social media in Iran, on top of other homework.  I have a feeling, though, that my focus will be further impaired, due to the fact that one of the few shows I watch while at school, Glee, is on tonight.   

It's strange to think that my first semester at college is almost over.  I'm almost 1/8th of the way through college!  I know, I know, that means I have 7/8ths left still.  Even so, I'm a bit nervous that this college thing will just start going faster and faster until, before I know it, I'll be graduating.  Sometimes it's still weird to think that I'm even here at all, after anticipating college for such a long time.

Speaking of next semester, I was very lucky when it came to registration.  Over break, I received an e-mail saying schedules were up.  To my delight, I was placed into all 4 classes I signed up for--and at the times I signed up for them too!

Here's what my SU spring will look like:

Monday/Wednesday/Friday:
Introduction to Nonfiction, 1:45-2:50 p.m.
Thought & Civilization, 3:00-4:05 p.m.

Tuesday/Thursday-:
Applied Biblical Ethics, 10:00-11:35 a.m.
Principles of Sociology, 2:25-4:05 p.m.

I also will have work from 9 to 1 on Monday and Wednesday and 10 to 12 on Friday. 

I'm excited to see what I think of my new classes and my new schedule; obviously, I hope to think of them favorably.  I also wonder what else next semester will have in store, like new people I'll meet in my classes and perhaps new friendships.  I plan on getting involved in some different ways next semester.  For example, I might start going to Lit Club.  I wanted to be a part of it this semester, but it conflicted with my schedule.  Also, I want to participate on a reading board for Susquehanna's literary magazine RiverCraft

But even more so than next semester, I am looking forward to Christmas break.  It will be an adjustment, having such a long stretch of time at home, but it will be a welcome one.  Especially after enduring these upcoming weeks of projects and portfolios and finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment