I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things I've Learned From College #2

The top bunk is not such a scary place.   Before arriving at school, I feared rolling off a top bunk.  I've since discovered that to be an irrational phobia.  If I didn't roll off a normal height bed on a regular basis, why would sleeping higher up suddenly send me flying off the mattress?  Admittedly, it can be a pain to climb down from the top bunk in the morning, especially if you have an alarm to turn off.  A big plus, though, is that when people are hanging out in your room, nobody is going to be sitting or eating snacks on your bed.   The top bunk is not communal property.  It’s your own. And that’s a pretty valuable thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment