I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Friday, December 10, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Love My SU Friends

Lindsey, me, and Alexis
Since this is most likely my last post of the semester, I wanted to post a little tribute to the people who have made it great, my friends.  I honestly didn't expect to have so many awesome people around this early on in my college experience.  I've included some pictures with a few of these people, as well as the top 10 reasons I love my SU friends.

1.  We are young.  Obviously we are literally young by virtue of our freshman status.  However, we're also young in spirit--and sometimes in behavior.  I particularly loved our coloring day towards the beginning of the year and hope we have a repeat soon.
2.  We fangirl.  We are not afraid to be enthusiastically in favor of something or someone, whether that's Jane Austen, Mr. Darcy, Harry Potter, Darren Criss, Tom Hardy, or Joseph Gordon-Leavitt.
3.  We love books!
4.  And writing too.  Well, some of us.
5.  We are those people.  Who sing in public.  Who giggle a lot in the middle of Benny's.  Who, if I wasn't a part of the "we", I might find a teensy bit obnoxious.
6.  We actually have things in common, enough that I can make "We" statements without engaging in drastically overblown generalizations.  The friends I hold most dear at Susquehanna so far are not friends of convenience or proximity,  even if they live conveniently close by (like in my room, for instance).  There are foundational commonalities.  These vary, of course, and can be any of the following and more: aforementioned love for writing and books, similar values, mindsets, or personalities, shared activities, shared commitment to God, shared support, etc.  I know that actually having things in common will make certain friendships last beyond relationships destined only for my freshman residence hall.
7.  We are different too.  Yet we have fun anyway.  We toss around disparate labels for ourselves, like "hipster," "Disney Princess," and "pessimistic panda," but that doesn't stop us from forming strong bonds.
8.  We can be ridiculous and deep.  In the course of one conversation. 
9.  We have seen a lot of each other.  Nobody has punched anyone yet.
Karen, me, and Kathleen
10. They let me eat their fries.  Enablers.

Me and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment