I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Friday, January 21, 2011

Things I Miss About High School: Snow Days

I've made a few short posts about things I've learned in college. I was thinking I might also want to share what I miss about high school! Though college is great, and I prefer it to high school by far, on occasion there are some things you can’t help but miss about the old days, or you know, just living at home.

The first being snow days! As I sit here writing, the campus is snow-covered and very, very pretty. Alas, this does not give me a reprieve from class, as it possibly would have back in high school. Earlier this week I had the misfortune of scrolling through Facebook to find that all of my high school friends had gotten off school, and it’s easy to be bitter. Though we may not have to drive or endure bus rides to get to our destination, walking across campus in the bitter cold is its own form of treachery, isn’t it? Actually (unfortunately?), the school seems to do a pretty great job at clearing the walkways. Then again, high school students normally don’t get canceled classes which can be out of the blue and oh-so-beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment