I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TV!

College has had one unanticipated impact on my life; it’s severely cut down my TV time.

I love television, to an extent that I think has, at times, surprised people.  Maybe it’s the storytelling aspect of shows.  Or maybe it’s the chance to calm down my overactive mind and slip into a somewhat vegetative state.  Either way, I spend a lot of time watching TV at home, whether its reruns just to have background noise as I’m on my computers, favorites like Glee, Conan on late night, ridiculous Degrassi, or reality shows like America’s Next Top Model, Project Runway, and the Amazing Race

But something about being here, at Susquehanna, has severely limited my use of the television.  I’m at the point now where I only make time to watch Glee on Tuesdays at 8, and the rest of the time, unless my roommate is watching something (rare, since she watches a lot of shows online), our TV is off. 

I think business is probably one of the main reasons for this.  There seems to be so much more packed into my day that I can’t really work my TV watching around it all.  Also, it’s nice to have a TV on when you’re alone at home, just to avoid eerie quiet, but for me, being alone here is rarer.  I have people to talk to and socialize with, that is, if people aren’t busy doing homework.  Or okay, even if people should be busy doing homework. 

I'm looking forward to Spring Break, though, because whenever I've gone home so far, I've spent a lot of time lounging around and catching up on all the TV goodness I've missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment