I'm Megan, a senior at Susquehanna University. My hope is that this blog will cover my four years here, from the firsts to the lasts.

"
In college, you learn how to learn. Four years is not too much time to spend at that." - Mary Oliver

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yesterday vs. Today vs. Tomorrow

Yesterday was a day of group presentations.I presented in Applied Biblical Ethics and Sociology, on female genital cutting and underage drinking respectively. It was very stressful leading up to Tuesday, but it’s a relief to have both group projects out of the way. The rest of the work left for this year is all individual. Of course, there’s still stress involved with that (Yes, I’m talking about you, nonfiction portfolio) but none of the chaos of trying to coordinate with others. Anyway, I thought the presentations went fairly well. Both involved PowerPoint and incorporated class involvement and video clips.

The work didn’t stop once my classes were done yesterday. I still had to finish my 8 page essay for Romantic Novels. Fortunately, I was able to finish it much sooner than I finished my first paper. It’s due today at 4 p.m., and I get out of class at 2:50 p.m. I will probably look it over at least one more time and do some minor edits before sending it in.

Yesterday was also a big day for a lot of my friends—the doubles housing lottery! This is students’ last chance to choose housing. I was fortunate enough to already know where I’m living next year. Having that knowledge certainly was a huge weight off my shoulders, so I hope everybody else is relieved now that everything is settled.

Today, in comparison, is decidedly less stressful. Romantic Novels is cancelled so my academic day ends sooner. I only have one class tomorrow and barely any homework. Even our chapter meeting for Alpha Phi Omega and the weekly Hippo Family dinner is cancelled! Hopefully my InterVarsity Life Group isn’t cancelled as well because I haven’t had as many chances to go this past semester and my schedule is completely free tonight.

Because of this freeness, I should probably spend some time getting ahead on my portfolio or ethnography for Sociology but it will probably just mean a lot of relaxing, watching TV and talking too much and spending lots of time on the internet. My roommate and I have definitely been indulging in more television this semester. A recent guilty pleasure was the Prince William and Kate Middleton Lifetime movie, complete with atrocious British accents.

Though today is great, especially compared to yesterday, I’m eagerly anticipating tomorrow because tomorrow means going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment